Saratoga Track Policies
Saratoga Race Course is a dynamic environment that presents unique opportunities for fans to enjoy themselves in close proximity to our equine and human athletes. In order to maintain this valued aspect of the Saratoga experience, we ask that you abide by the policies found on this page. We urge all patrons to employ common sense and honor this timeless facility by treating each other with respect.
NYRA Management and security reserves the right to restrict or amend these policies at any time as it pertains to racing operations and public safety.
- All guests are subject to enhanced screening for their safety and security and should allot extra time for arrival.
- No storage will be provided for guests arriving or attempting to enter the venue with any prohibited items.
- Guests will not be permitted to run once inside the property for their safety. This policy will be strictly enforced.
- Coolers are permitted in the backyard picnic areas only and must be kept off tables. One cooler permitted per picnic table. Coolers may contain plastic bottles or cans and are subject to search by the NYRA security at any time.
- Pop-Up Tents and umbrellas are prohibited on the Apron, along the Paddock, Horse Path, in and around the Clubhouse/Grandstand building and in the reserved picnic table area in the Backyard. NYRA Management reserves the right to remove items that obstruct views, impede fan safety, or feature competing sponsor logos.
- Federal law prohibits anyone under the age of 21 from consuming alcohol. Violators will be removed immediately from the race track without refund and may face possible arrest by local authorities. While we want all of our fans to have a great time at the Spa, NYRA promotes the responsible consumption of alcohol.
- Aerosol Cans
- Air Horn / Noise Makers
- Confetti or Glitter
- Radio-Controlled Aircraft / Drones
- Glass Bottles or Kegs
- Grills / Lighter Fluid
- Illegal Drugs or Substances
- Laser Lights / Pointers
- Selfie Sticks are not permitted on the grounds at any time
- Skateboards / Hover Boards or recreational vehicle devices (with the exception of ADA approved devices)
- Sports Equipment (including balls of all kinds, bats and frisbees)
- Weapons (including Knives / Mace / Pepper Spray / Firearms)
NOTE: Non-folding and folding furniture and blankets are also prohibited in the Building and on the Apron.
Wheelchair Access Areas
- There are specially marked areas for wheelchairs only behind Reserved Seat Sections J (in the Clubhouse) and M (in the Grandstand).
- Smoking is prohibited within the building, including reserved seats, box area and all dining areas.
- If racing is cancelled, for any reason, after five (5) races have been run there are no refunds or exchanges of any kind.